The e-commerce industry is booming and set to grow even bigger in the years to come. Not only there are more people shopping online but there are also a lot more sellers.
Some sell products on large marketplaces (like Amazon and Lazada), while others opt for branded websites using e-commerce solutions like AVANA.
With so many competitors online, how do you differentiate yourself? When you create and pay for ads, what is the probability that out of countless other brands that people will engage with you?
There’s definitely no easy solution. But your best bet is still this – create a unique brand personality.
What is brand personality?
Brand personality is the combination of the visual look, tonality, and persona of your brand. It’s a set of human characteristics that are attributed to a brand. Your brand personality should also be the kind of values that you stand for.
How does it help in branding?
Studies have shown that having a well-defined brand personality helps to increase brand affinity among customers. When your brand has a distinct personality, it also helps to differentiate your brand among your competitors.
With so much clutter, white noise, and thousands of online sellers on the internet, having a unique brand personality can help you stand out.
Consumers today are a lot smarter and more demanding than they used to be. Millennials, in particular, care deeply about social issues and are far likelier to make a purchase with a brand with a social or environmental cause.
This doesn’t mean that you need to take up a cause or donate to charity to increase your brand value, but having one definitely won’t hurt. Creating a unique personality for your brand can include many things, for example:
- A brand voice that is friendly and casual, with street-speak to connect to the young, everyday man.
- Striking, bright colour theme for your logo, social media posts, and product images that expresses excitement, exuberance, and a zest for life.
- Use a distinctly urban sound or music for your social media content or digital ads
- And many more
Just like a person’s personality, there’s rarely any right or wrong way to craft your brand personality. What matters more is its uniqueness. Design a distinct personality that allows your brand to rise at the top of mind of consumers in your area of specialty.
Here are a few things you can do to get started on creating your brand personality:
- Choose a consistent colour palette for your brand logo and marketing collaterals (e.g., social media posts, digital banners, etc).
- Decide if you’d like to contribute to a social or environmental cause and if it fits well with what your brand is about.
- Envision how you’d like your brand to be perceived by consumers through your written copy, such as how you write the text for your webstore, product description, social media posts, and digital ads.
- Create a tagline that summarizes the philosophy behind your brand. Make it short, catchy, and easy to remember. One of the best examples of a well crafted tagline is Nike’s iconic “Just do it.”
Categorised in: Business
This post was written by Nina